City and Guilds Art Courses
Draw and Paint Online is an ArtyBird City & Guilds approved online leaning centre, providing students with online, one to one tuition. The painting and drawing courses available are ideal for home educators and learners, offering a structured but flexible approach towards gaining internationally recognised qualifications.
Recognised art qualifications
Draw and Paint Online can take you through City & Guilds level 1 (7722 - 30 hours) and level 2 (7822 - 120 hours) Certificates in Painting and Drawing.
Introduced a number of years ago by City & Guilds, the certificates are a valid and reliable introduction to a wide range of art, design and craft subjects and City and Guilds Level 1 & 2 are equivalent to a GCSE qualification.
Assignments on the courses will introduce the student to techniques and skills that enable the learner to develop their own creativity. Level 1 is for the complete beginner, while level 2 is for the more experienced student.
Gain art qualifications in your own time
Assignments are broken down into easy to follow exercises. The step-by-step tuition is accompanied by detailed illustrations. All course work is submitted and assessed by email, making it possible to study towards the qualification at your own pace from your own home or other available facilities (such as libraries).
These art qualification courses are particularly suitable for children being home educated and adult learners.
An experienced art tutor
Drawing and Painting Level 1 & 2 courses are designed and taught by Peter Stanyer - an artist, author, and very experienced teacher with an international reputation.
City & Guilds online art courses – key features
- The City & Guilds 7722 and 7822 art courses offered by Paint and Draw Online are accredited qualifications.
- The qualifications are delivered and assessed entirely online and are currently available via Paint & Draw Online
- From registration you have 1 year to complete the qualification. As the course can be completed in 3 months, there is plenty of time to submit work at your own pace.
- The art qualification will establish and provide examples of good practice.
- Throughout the art course, you will be provided with advice, support and feedback.
- You will receive notification of optional, ongoing residential workshops delivered by Peter Stanyer and his team in Yorkshire. Offering personal tuition, the residential courses also provide the opportunity to interact with other students on the same level course. (Additional costs applicable)
- You will be given the opportunity to build a portfolio of your own projects.
- Help and advice on how to present your work will be offered.
- Access to free online portfolio facilities to showcase your work, is available through the online art courses.
- You will receive a recognised art qualification suitable for ‘Continuing Professional Development’.
- The online art courses will provide you with an opportunity to develop or enhance art-based learning in the classroom.
City & Guilds online art courses - content
The City & Guilds art courses have been developed by experienced arts professionals.
Paint and Draw Online will lead you through a series of assignments designed to demonstrate your particular specialist artistic area, while addressing all outcome criteria for the award.
Gaining your City & Guilds art qualification
On successful completion of the assignments to the required standard, you will receive a City & Guilds 7722 or 7822 certificate.
From the start of the programme you will also be invited to include your details, and any art project examples in the website’s Student’s Art Work gallery This provides you with the opportunity to showcase your art work on a potentially global stage.
Art course fees
- Fees for the City & Guilds 7722 painting and drawing certificate course are £248.00
- Fees for the City & Guilds 7822 painting and drawing certificate are £599.00
- If you complete City & Guilds Level 1 with Peter Stanyer at Draw and Paint Online, you can progress to City & Guilds Level 2 for £400 instead of £599. Please note that in this case you will receive 90 hours of coursework rather than 120
Payable in advance to the start of the programme all fees include registration and certification fees for the awarding body (City & Guilds).
Art course assessment
Assessments for the City & Guilds painting and drawing certificate are continual and there are no written examinations. You will be required to produce written material but will be given guidance notes on these elements of the course.
You will be encouraged to evaluate your own art work. Tutors will assess your progress in consultation with you and assessments will be verified both internally and externally by City & Guilds.
Admission to art courses
Prior to the course you will be asked to complete an enrolment / application form.
Developed to enhance your ability as an artist, the 7722 and 7822 drawing and painting courses will enable you to build your own portfolio.
On successfully completing the course you will be able to access other art and design courses within the City & Guilds structure at level 3.
Before enrolling on one of our City and Guilds art courses please contact us to check for availability
Call Stan on + 44 (0) 1422 292071 or email email@example.com.
Copyright © Draw and Paint Online - Web site design Stone Square